Wednesday, November 19, 2008

old shoes for new feet...

Hello beautiful world who decides to read this,
I've decided to start a blog to help with the unfortunate reality of some people not being able to catch up often:) I have been out in California now for exactely 7 Weeks and 3 days. I cross off a new day, everyday, in excitement that I'm really out here-really really out here. All the prayers spoken up for this opportunity have been and are so important to me. Through peaks and valleys over the past four years to get me where I'm sitting today, is a mark of how favorable and loving Jesus Christ is. I remember sitting filling out my graduate application with two days before the deadline. The mercy of God is so vast that I might be here now, it just certainly blows me away. I am so happy with my program, it couldn't be a better fit for me. I love my field of study-DAILY I'm geeked out over what I'm learning. Don't get me wrong, it's a challenge, but never one that has not been worth it! After all, I can sleep after graduate school right?
Also, I have the MOST adorable little girl in clinic. She has this beautiful spirit that inspires me everyday we do therapy. She has such curiosity and endless energy and just a kindness that I am challenged by everyday. Some sessions we'll be coloring, and she'll look at me and say...Ms. Meg, I love purple, but you can use mine... (as she hands me her favorite color) It's just like, I want to get back to that place, willingly giving myself or my FAVORITE things for people out of joy, just sure joy. She has certainly been one of the biggest highlights of my last 3 months here.
I have been attending a Southern Baptist church out here, haha, named Christian Pathways...I really enjoy it and am getting involved in a small group currently! I ask for your prayers in that, I am getting excited about getting my hands dirty and serving with others again!! Everyday, it's no secret that I'm not out here for an adventure for myself, there is work to be done-the Lord's work. Kindness and love be shared daily and if the opportunity presents itself, people to come to know Him as their Savior. I personally am doing a Beth Moore personal study called 90 days with John. Who knew John was such a baller? Well I am finding that out for sure. It's refreshing to go back through the gospels and study them thoroughly and just be reminded of how real Jesus Christ's life was on earth while he was here tangibly, and also now...with His spirit. He is just as present now as He ever was if you ask me. Check this out...a homeless DRUNK as a skunk man, Gary sat with me for almost an hour and a half a few weeks back and shared the gospel WITH ME! I had been having a really tough week apart from the Lord and with school, and I went to give him my sandwich...and He helped me out, remember how redeeming Christ is and just sat there and simply told me a few stories from the Bible. I mean talk about how God can use ANYONE! He is an amazing man and I'm gratful for the opportunity to have talked with him. ps mom if you're reading this, I was around people at Stell haha not by myself. Anyway, he really does use the weak to humble the proud. I adore Gary and hope to hear some more from Him-that night, I promise I met Jesus again, in a totally exhillerating, combustive way ...that I was not in a Christian circle or in a ministry, but just two imperfect people sharing of how Real He is even through we fail...the failure isn't the point-His victory is. He is good, man is He good!
If you're reading this post and you're from Ohio, man I miss you. I miss my small group-our times and our laughs (touch my bodyyyy) haha I miss the church community and I certainly have a huge gaping hole of hurt in my heart many of the days missing my folks, my brother, whits and Kels, and Sadie girl, my old roomates in college, and Ohio State in general, gamedays (M*ch*g** week) I miss my Speech path girls, you made my major a little bit sweeter everyday when I was there. I miss liberty Center and all of it's small-town goodness and all the people there that have touched my life! man I could go on forever really... but just know, if we've folded our hands together in prayer, or if we've laughed so hard together or cried so hard together our bodies hurt, or if we've just shared coffee or ran into eachother on the street and had a good chat, you're who I miss. Familiarity is gone here, and it's a good thing and a sad thing. I miss all that was in Ohio-and I truly believe all the incredible people there were just filling me up and loving on me with Jesus's love, so I could have all the more firm foundation whenI came out here for this adventure!
Thanks for reading thing, this was a little lengthy, but God is good and there should be no length put on a blog full of praises in my opinion:) Have the BEST week ever!
Megs

No comments: