Thursday, February 26, 2009

so long paradise...

So I am currently packing to head back to school-I was visiting my folks for 5 days just enjoying their company and laughter and most of all, enjoying myself again. I won't lie, over the course of the last 8 weeks, I lost myself. I didn't lose myself spirirtually at all, just who I am as Megan Carpenter-what I love to do, some parts of my joy, my carefree spirit. I became this anxious, always running around-rarely enjoying the activities I've been doing...version of myself. It has a lot to do with school and the vigorous schedule all of us are undertaking this semester. It is much different than first semester, more demanding and worst of all-I am not able to see and love the people I want to love the most because we're all "too busy." THAT STINKS considering I love the people in my program and at the coffee shop! If you're reading this, please pray for me. I've been just asking God to take away my over-whelmed feeling, and it has been terrific lately, but again...I realize I'm going back today to all of the Mayhem and that is where the reality is. I did not mean to open this blog up as Mrs. Debby In the Dumps, but haha I also want to be exceptionally real with you and let you know that part of my natural and fun loving spirit feels somewhat bound by to-do lists and timelines. It's a pitty really.
On a much lighter note, I'm still really enjoying everything I'm learning and love my field. The kids I'm working with this semester are precious. Handfuls, but precious:)
Lately the majority of the music I've been listening to has been oldies-like Motown oldies. Man oh Man, if that music doesn't sing right to my heart I don't know what does. haha I just really like Diana Ross and the Supremes and also Smokey Robinson:) You can find that in my earphones most of these days:)
Most of you don't know this...so I'm going to tell you about my-I do not like to use pillows while I sleep. I never really have and quite honestly cannot get used to them. I sleep with my head on the covered matress:) It's such a natural feeling for me. As I was on facebook I was reading through the 25 things peopole don't know about me posts and ...well I don't have 25 things people don't know about me because I talk a lot haha to be honest, but that's one thing. Also, I eat tomatos plain but refuse to order them on a sandwich. If someone offers me a plain tomato, Ill eat it. It's the strangest thing really. Also-I don't really use salt and pepper for much of anything. I am pretty simply when it comes to condiments, I typically don't need any on the food I eat. So, that leaves me a solo-tomato...no condiment eating pillowless girl. BET YOU DIDN'T KNOW THAT:)
Two weekends ago, for Valentines Day-I went to visit my boyfriend Andrew. We had such a wonderful time with his parents! He took me out for a wonderfully romantic dinner and other special activities which was way fun and then I left on Monday morning to head back to school. I hate how time goes so quickly when you don't want it to-but when you do want it to on a rare occassion, it is like a slug. Hopefully we see one another again soon-again he is potentially signing on with a team, so please keep him in your prayers for that.
For Lent, I have decided to give up Facebook and YouTube. They take up way too much of my time and it's sad really. My problem with facebook is I LOVE looking at pictures because well...I love pictures in general! Another thing most people don't know about me is that I spend many days online looking at the Pulitzerprize.org website just looking at photography. Go to that site, it will absolutely blow your mind if you even have a slight interest in the beauty that is our world and how through one lens shot-a piece of time can be captured. So yah, back to Lent. I pray that with that time that I used to use on FB and Youtube, that I would pour that time into minitry with others, more personal time with God for myself or just engaging in an activity that in the first paragraph I claim I am missing. I think it is going to be a great 40 days:)
Also I am learning the song, I will love you, by Fisher, on the piano. I love that song and the lyrics and it's a simple song really-the melody is just so soothing. I encourage you to listen to it and get as psyched as I am:)
I have still been in Daniel:) it's been awesome! Also... listening to many podcasts and discovering that miracles of Jesus all over again through the podcasts. :) God has been so wonderful, providing this peace that I do not understand...and giving me gas in my tank so to speak when I feel like my car is about to quit on the highway of life. My friend Ash sent me this wonderful email about coffee and the mugs that it is put into. That God brews the coffee, but we as humans choose the mug. The thing is, is that sometimes, the mug is what we concentrate most on. For example, all these decorative nice mugs are on a table mixed in with some plain older mugs and people go to choose their mug for coffee and everyone chooses the nice decorative new mugs, while the older looking ones sit. Slowly but surely, people begin to look around at eachothers mugs wishing ...oh man, Susan has that nice purple one, I wish I woulda snagged that one. It's much like the picture of life. The point is...focus on the crewed coffee...and the maker of it! the mug...not much to do with the overall meaning of it-the coffeee was what we initially wanted and then got distracted by the other, asthetic things of it all. So my challenge to myself, and to you all...be content with the coffee only and pick the simple mug:)
I pray you have a greater desire for God this day...

No comments: