Happy weekend to everyone:)
This week was amazing and really exciting! I have just really been enjoying the weather here and the sunshine has been great for my soul! I had wonderful conversations with people at my favorite coffee shop, great hang out times with my friends, a great week with my clients, and a wonderful friday at my internship! God is good!
I have three weeks left in school and then a break. I am going to Half Dome to hike:) I cannot hardly wait...it will be a terrific vacation. My time is narrowing down here for this year of school before I come back home for my summer internship in the hospital. I can't believe that this time last year I was just being accepted into graduate school. I went back and read some of my journal entries from last at this time, and I was in such a heart-broken, confused-didn't know up from down state of life. It's amazing the valleys God takes you through to then reach places of triumph where there is healing and rest and great joy. It's a beautiful picture of His perfect balance between loving and disciplining/teaching His children.
I almost forgot to say ...I'm listening to the song, City Lights by Katie Costello, I enjoy it a lot,you should check it out:) So these past three weekends, I've been going into the beach with my church family and my closest friend out here! I've been meeting outstanding people and loving every minute of it! Beach bonfires at night near the ocean-what a blessing:) I have been laughing up a storm and the beaches I have been visiting have been bringing back such wonderful feelings and memories! I adore it, and the mountains too are breath-taking:)
I am about to begin the book by Francine Rivers, "Redeeming Love," with Stacey and Jenja! I am really excited that we're going to take time to do this together, to get closer with eachother and with the Lord while following this story which is a novel based off the story of the book of the Bible- Hosea.
Also, I decided at 11:30 pm last week, that I would change my apartment setup. So everything that was once in my spare bedroom is now in my bedroom...and visa versa. Talk about an accomplished feeling post-move:) That futon of mine...INSANELY heavy! But sooo worth it! I like this setup so much better! You should visit and see it sometime:)
This week I sent a lot of mail, I like it when people send me mail-SO I sent others mail, hoping they'd share that feeling. So if you've sent me mail lately, I appreciate it sooooo much! It's like a treasure, I can barely wait to open it before I get in my apartment! It brightens my week and is just appreciated.
I also have an ache in my heart still for my best friend, hils, if you're reading this-I love you. Set the dark on fire in Thailand:) Share your joy.... you're amazing:)
This week, I have been studying my book of Proverbs 31 woman and reading that passage in the the Bible. I'm so challenged and encouraged by this beautiful portrait of a woman. I am studying and praying for greater kindness and striving to be a woman of integrity with God's help!
Thank you for giving me a little bit of your time to read this! All my friends back home...enjoy Spring Break:) I think about you often and you'rein my prayers frequently:)
lots and lots of love and lots and lots of hope
No comments:
Post a Comment