I really really enjoy the Surpremes, man...what amazing music. I just adore the song, "You've really got ahold on me." That's the song I'm currently listening to as I write this blog.
This week has been exceptionally great! Although once again a long week, I just had this revealing thought that I have/and have had my attitude in such a poor place these past few weeks. I'm just been like a rat running around in a wheel. That can become a pretty aweful way to live life if you just get up in the mornings just to step onto a "wheel" to run around it as fast as you can until the end of the day ya know. Well...I'm over that "wheel-like life"
I actually have a life that would remind you of a kalidoscope if you were to look through the lens. Full of SO MUCH COLOR and ever-changing. ABSOLUTELY beautiful and entertaining and full of wonder of all the different works going on depending how you would turn it. Truth be told, I have been challenged lately, because for a while...without community to live my life around in a healthy church family and great people surrounding me, I felt like I was looking into a dark tunnel. Strange I know...but none-the-less, a real feeling I felt. Well, thanks to so many prayers and My God listening to those prayers and providing, I'm in such a different place, both mentally and spiritually.
I want to thank everyone for praying for Minnesota and I. He signed with a soccer team this week:) YAYY! So proud of him, and just thank you for being wonderful and folding your hands for him and for us, knowing God listens and works for His glory. Continued prayer would be great! We are most likely not going to be seeing one another for a while due to both of our crazy schedules, but I ask that you would pray for us that we would hang tough and rely not on ourselves but on God, our foundation:)
I miss my best friend Hilary-I think about her all the time, and pray that she is safe and is her ZEALOUS self in Thailand! Please keep her in your prayers as well, for her safety and God's kingdom to come in Thailand.
I miss everyone back home and please know that you are in my heart. I also miss my beautiful family, my bro-Tyler, and Whits and Kels. Everyday on Spring break my parents came and kissed me goodnight and I cant even begin to tell you how thankful I am for them. I have missed that. Frequently I look out my window which overlooks a park, and I see parents with their kids, and I remember how much fun it was to be so young and have my whole family sitting at a table passing around "yellow gatorade" now known to be Lemon-Lime and all of us having our assigned places of seating (which are still the same to this day). How do you get back there in real life? ...I remember the memory so well, but I wish it could become the present again.
Please read Revelation 1. Think about how loving Jesus Christ is. I encourage you to remember this week that the God of the entire universe and heavens, who parted seas in the Bible, STILL parts seas. The God of the Bible, still breathes his breath onto dry bones. The God of the Bible,is still calming our storms while we sit worrying in our boats. This Easter season, please remember HE IS RISEN. He is Good and alive, working on our behalf...for our very next breath.
Life through my kalidoscope...
No comments:
Post a Comment