Hello:)
I'm back home!!!! Oh dear, two nights ago, during my first sleep in my old bed, I didn't even remember my sleep-I just slept so peacefully knowing my folks were in my house with me. Also, in the morning when my mom woke me up for church she proped my door open and said, "goodmorning meglynn, time to wake up" ohhh man, I've been missing that...so I milked my visit for all it was worth, I just laid in bed 10 extra minutes, knowing that she would probably come back in a second time and play with my hair until I rolled out of bed. haha so I was right:) she came and played with my hair...and it was just as I had remembered it! Oh I have missed home the past 8 months!
I am listening to a song by the Scripts called "the man who can't be moved." It's a good one, check it out:) I certainly miss everyone at school right now, but it is nice to be back to familiarity. I will miss school and all my funny, awesome classmates! I will see them again soon so I am just trying to live in the present here and soak up ALL my time with my friends from home and college.
Next week I begin my hospital internship, it is in acute care setting in a specific stroke center. I am very excited! I know it will be extremely challenging and difficult but I cannot wait to be a sponge and just learn learn learn! My internship runs until mid-August and then I will have from mid-Aug until Sept. 5th off before I head back to school to begin on the 8th:) It is going to be a crazy-fun summer but way different from last year. Last year, very few of my college friends had left and they were all around the same area as I was. This summer is looking to be different. Unforunately, my best friend isn't going to be here, she's still kickin' butts and takin' names in Thailand! I'm soo soo proud of her! Also, last year in the summer was when Andrew and I began dating and thankfully he was near me and we saw one another daily. This summer, he is back in his home state and we won't see one another all summer. Bummer! But I've decided to take this summer one day at a time and really praise God for the differences in season and claim joy over the differences that this summer is going to offer.
I just got back from visiting Andrew and we had a great time together. It had been 3 months since we had seen eachother, so it was gerat for sure. While I was there, I finished reading my book "Redeeming Love." I CANNOT begin to tell you how refreshing and beautiful that book is/was. You NEED to read it! Don't be intimidated by the 430 pages that it is...that's just stupid not to open a book based on it's length. Because truly...the quality within all of those pages moved me to a place in my faith with God that I don't know if I've ever been. Please put it on your summer "to read" list!
Oh ps...it's been exactely 1 year since I received my lasic eye surgery! WOO WOO! I certainly miss my eyeglasses but it's nice to have to 20/20 without the hassle of contacts :)
I'm going to try and learn to play the guitar this summer! I know it will be a challenge, but I think if I try and stay persistant at it, I think I'll pick it right up-because I do have a passion to learn...so that's half of learning I think...to have a passion for it first!
Well once next week begins I'll have so much more to say I believe, but this week- not a ton!
Spiritually, this week has been an exciting week with the Lord. I've been studying Joshua 4 and 5 in the old testament, and Hebrews 11 in the New. Just yesterday I began studying a New part of the Proverbs 31 woman! Let me tell you...none of these qualities and characteristics of her, come naturally to me. When I read them, I'm just reminded that much more of how God eagerly awaits us as woman (and as His people) to ask for His beauty and love to be at work in and through our lives. I would love for the text I'm reading to become ALIVE in my life! The Holy Spirit WILL make that happen, I am asking...and He answers:)
Wrapped in your Mercy I wanna live and never leave...
I am held by how humble and overwhelmed by Your majesty
captured by grace now I'm findin' ...I AM FREE
You are marvelous God, and knowing You is EVERYTHING.
(Big Daddy Weave)
<3 Megssss
No comments:
Post a Comment