Sunday, September 13, 2009

1 week sober....from fast food:)

The title of this blog alone...is something I have to bring up. Anyone who knows me in the slightest, knows that I have had somewhat of an "addition" to fast food for the past year and a half of my life. I have had unhealthy patterns... Mondays, Spicy Chicken Sandwich from Wendy's
Tuesdays...Bacon Turkey Bravo from Panera
Wednesdays...Chinese usually of some sort...
Thursdays... DEFINETELY 10 piece chicken mcnugget combo with honey mustard.
And so on.. it was just so unhealthy. Well I decided since moving back to school to try and grocery shop with fruits and vegetables and healthy choices for snacks. Well, I have been one week sober of fast food. Yesterday I decided to go to Chick-fil-A for some chicken nuggets as a reward. I quite honestly feel really excited about where this is going-my body already feels heathier plus my billfold feels excitingly more full from not spending all my money on fast food haha and also, I have more energy (weird I know...haha more energy?) but for real:) This movement came about a week ago when I was with 3 of my girlfriends and we were discussing how the Lord desires for His people to live healthy and to the full. Well, I think I decided that day...that I wasn't taking care of the body God has given me. I'm essentially trashing it with all that garbage going into it-so ...I wanted to share that first of all. 1 week, with the Lord's help-has been so exciting:) It's tempting for sure ...but It's been so rewarding already not to cave into those cravings and eat that grease.
I am listening to "You picked me" by A Fine Frenzy.
This past Monday marked the beginning of a series I am doing with the Lord called "Experiencing God" It has been a remarkable study thus far. I've really enjoyed the scripture leads it's been giving me each day.
My memory verse for the week was from John 15:5 (this verse is the main verse for the week)
~I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in Me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from Me you can do nothing."
Then through that verse, the study is taking me through different stories of people who REMAINED in God and He in them, and were able to bear much fruit. So my favorite stories and verses came from 1 Kings 18:15-39.
I really am amazed at the obedience of Elijah in this story. So essentially this is the story when Elijah challenged the prophets of Baal (a Canaanite fertility idol) to prove once and for all whose God was the true God, he took a massive risk as God's servant.
So anyway-Please read this scripture...God is big, "He comes with fire," He is doing and still can do these things today to draw His people back to Him...
So at the end of the study for that day, there was this bold statement ... it wrecked my soul-
"Enter a love relationship with Me. Get to know Me. Adjust your life to Me. Let Me love you and reveal Myself through You to a watching world."
So anyways...I have been really challenged this week to keep asking God-where are you active, let me join you there just like Elijah:) If you instruct me to build/repair an alter and be bold for you...knowing in front of lots and lots of people that You WILL show up and "come with fire", OKAY...:) let's so it Lord. I desire that relationship with God and I am praying for it:)

Alright...so last night, I had such a fun time in the city-I went with Jenja to this birthday party where we knew barely anyone. SO satisfying and filled with so much laughter. I am glad we didn't know that many people-we danced and sat and talked with perfect strangers. Very cool-plus it was the chillest music venue possible (outside) with hanging balls wrapped in lights from these sweet trees. I don't know how to describe it, I just adored it.
Also...my three things...
1. I wear a size 7.5 shoe:) Sometimes ...in my Chuck Taylors, I can rock a 7:)
2. I made home-made gaucamole for the first time this week for a welcome-back party. I think it was over pretty well, and if you're reading this ...I'm sure I'd love to make it for you sometime and see what you think
3. I've had stitches 4 times. 2x on my forehead before I was 3 years old. Once on my lip from getting bit by a dog when I was 3 years old (you can still see all these faintly) and lastly on my gums and lips from when I got my teeth knocked out during a softball game my Junior year of H.S.

Well...I must say I think C.S. Lewis says it best when he said, "God cannot give us a happiness and peace apart from Himself, because it is not there. There is no such thing."

Remain in His love and presence this week...

No comments: