Saturday, March 6, 2010

It's like love is a lesson...

I am listening to this song by Death Cab called Diamond and a Tether
I really like this part of the song...
It's like love is a lesson
That I can't learn
So I make the same mistakes at each familiar turn

I know you can't hold out forever
Waiting on a diamond and a tether
From a boy who won't swim
But who will dip his toe in
Just to keep you here with him


So today I head back to school. Busy airports are so fun and cannot wait for that part of the experience. Whenever I land in LA, I think-wow...this place is awesome. It will be late tonight so I wonder if I will see anyone famous or anyone else?
Yesterday I was at a speedway and I was grabbing subway...and I got in my car and was pulling out-and this woman who must have been over 85...rolled down her window in the bitter cold (perfect stranger) says to me, "Hi how are you?" haha I said, "good, how are you?" She said "Oh I'm great today sweetheart" (all while in the middle of the entrance/exit of speedway. With no regard to the traffic or any other thing...she said, "well my dear, you have a safe weekend, great talking to you"
I loved this woman's zeal for life, but it was peculiar how the tone of the conversation went as though we had known one another for years. haha, anyway-adventures in the life of Meg. Just thought it might make you smile.
Monday starts a new internship opportunity for me. I begin working with preschoolers and I cannot wait:) Oh and also, I took an observation while on Spring break with deaf and hard of hearing children-ah I fell in love and was able to work with them for a couple of hours. Signing with them and seeing how much personality they had through their storytelling skills just cracked me up.:) God has been blessing me with these opportunities where my heart is/has been literally filled with so much joy, my cup is overflowing.
If I can tell you one thing I've learned from this week...that is that God is EVERYWHERE. Virtually, everywhere:) He is Within us most importantly. So God I hope I have the zeal of that woman in the car when I am in my 80's, because she planted love...and I want to be that for the world...


Martin Luther said this beautiful quote that I read recently, I thought I'd share
"I have held many things in my hands, and I have lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."

Can't stop, won't stop...I must be dreaming

No comments: