Heavenly Father,
I pray to be reminded of Your worth quickly. Continue to make a fool of me so that all I've got is mercy to lean on. Let me not be like the Pharisee in the temple, but like the tax collector who rests solely on the gift that is given and the grace and mercy that saves. Help me to know that I will always lose the battle but am saved by the One who paid my debt and fought and conquered in my place. Continue to frustrate me with my dissatisfaction until I come to know Your fullness. Call out my sin, refine my heart, and set my mind on the things of the Spirit - which is an obsession with the person of Christ.
Falling short. I Am Redeemed.
Feeling weight. I Am Redeemed.
Forgetting Redemption. I Am Redeemed.
"You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness."
-Romans 6:18
Redemption lines every page within God's word, and it is written on the hearts of humanity. Rest in Christ's promise of His love!
There is this song by Nevertheless, called "Rest." I think it's truly beautiful worship...I want to share it with all of you! We are truly called to "REST" in Christ Jesus. I was sweetly reminded of this truth last night as I lay down from a hectic Friday. Sometimes, on a vulnerable note-I'm either "a runner" or an "ignorer" (I'm aware that this isn't a word haha) of God when I am wrapped around my own sin. I have noted two patterns, one is of the ignorer of apathy, and the other is of Jonah-like move where I find myself in the big Belly of a Whale-always thinking...Meg, where did you go looking for instance? Shame is holding you down, selling you out, why don't you come back again?
In Exodus, God promised, "My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest."
"Come now, Just let it go, let it fall down, let it all flow like
The water that's rushin' over your Soul 'til there's nothin' left
Won't you come to be as you are...
Dirty and broken with all your scars from all the unspoken
With all the words that you wanted to say but you locked them away...inside...
Won't you come to me and rest? "
Nevertheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment