Wednesday, May 19, 2010

11 days...

Sow a thought, reap an action;
sow an action, reap a habit;
sow a habit, reap a character;
sow a character, reap a destiny.
-Samuel Smiles

I want the thoughts that I sow to reap positive actions and habits so that I can have Christlike character and fulfill the destiny God has for me!

I've been thinking about this since reading a book recently...
Do you know in Psalm 26 when David prayers, "Test me, O Lord, and try me, examine my heart and my mind..."
well...I've been thinking...could I be so bold as to pray such a thing as this? Notice David did not say, "Examine my actions." He asked God to examine what was inside of him. Our thoughts are so imperative to healthy actions and healthy, Godly character...a bit like the Samuel Smile saying goes above.

I love when I can feel God actively tugging on an area of my life that needs cleaning up. I must admit that I love that we as His people have the promise of His grace and that because of that grace that He is constantly refining us individually so we can see more of His character daily.

No comments: