Friday, May 7, 2010

My list

I am leaving from school to head back to the Midwest in 22 days. I have been thinking a lot lately about the many memories and surroundings/people I am going to miss when I leave. Now I am sure I will leave quite a few things off the list (but I'm going to add to it as I remember...)
1. The intoxicating smell of the fresh orange groves outside my apartment
2. Stell Coffee and Tea and their magical ability to pump the strongest coffee into my system so that I literally could run to wherever I'm going each and every day
3. Memories from my first year including: my 23rd birthday with my new classmates, the Halloween party at the Center seeing all the children dressed up with the firemen, Thanksgiving with my parents and brother in San Diego, Andrew visiting and our first hike to Forrest Falls, Christmas lights with my second family-the Evens, going to church with Karla and Matt for the first time and meeting all their wonderful friends, walking into Ecclesia...A fabulous trip for Spring break with Jenj, and my first assessment on Dx team (bahaha), and Mayterm with all my girls laying by the pool enjoying eachother's company. Last but not least, the last day in Redlands sliding into homeplate while playing the 2nd year students to have my largest scar yet on my right ankle:)
Those were some of the memories I hold dear from my first year... I love this ol' place

No comments: