Thursday, May 27, 2010

West Coast, You've been good to me



I went to Disneyland yesterday and it truly is the happiest place on earth. I could not wipe the "geeked-out" look off of my face the whole day. I think I may have even drifted off into a deep slumber last night with a grin on my face just remembering all the laughing and senses of enjoyment that are stimulated at Disneyland. All 5 of my senses were on overload all day yesterday and I loved it. Today I have a faculty/student first year vs. second year softball game and then my parents arrive and we are going to hang together for a bit. I cannot wait:) Friday is my graduate dinner with all my classmates/faculty/family and then Saturday is the big graduation day. I leave from LAX on Monday morning. So many mixed emotions.
I sold my furniture yesterday and now I'm in an empty space and it often gets me thinking about how fast my life went these past 2 years. So much growing and stretching of my character and enough memories to keep me smiling for a lifetime.

It is much like a book, that's the only way I can explain it right now. I have been flipping pages and God has been lining each page with His will (despite my best efforts to screw it up sometimes), he continues to write...and then I flip the page and live those lines out into this beautiful thing called "life," and now I am nearing the end of an amazing chapter. There is a sense of closure but the rest of the story is certainly going to build off the events/memories/love/lessons learned by the character in the previous chapters. So as I read the last lines of the last paragraph of this chapter...I eagerly flip the page to see the next-thankful that God continues to write...and I continue to boldly live the lines out loud

No comments: