Thursday, July 8, 2010

Blog Neglector:)

Ah summer is busy:) I apologize for the lack of attention I have been giving my blog as of late, and I have no-good excuse except for the amount of wonderful traveling I have been doing.
In my travels of late, I have been kindly reminded how truly beautiful the Midwest is and how GREEN everything is in the summer! Looking out at the fields stretching for miles and miles and you can see not one thing until your eyes run across a few black and white spots standing out vividly against the green nature....and those spots are COWS:) Ah I have missed the true beauty here. My heart thinks of and misses California everyday. I miss my classmates who became such wonderful friends. I miss the coffee shop that I would visit every single day and lastly, I really miss the mountains:) I knew all of this "missing" of California would happen, which is why I am glad God uniquely designed humans to have this little thing called a memory:) I have tucked all the people, all the lessons, and all the beauty of California up in my heart/head and I am trying to let it live there the rest of life as two wonderful, special years of which I couldn't imagine myself doing anything else during that time of my life! So those are my thoughts about the Golden Coast...

Since I've been back in the Midwest, I would like to say that I am now living close to my boyfriend of 2 yrs and am loving it! 2 miles apart couldn't be sweeter! I mean, life looks much different for us now than it did a month ago and we are excited to revisit the sweetest opportunity we get to have that most couples do not...and that is basically starting to "date" all over again:) I mean the first four months of "us" were together, but then after...we have been apart. So it is neat to revel in the experiences and growth that we've embarked upon while apart these 2 years and now enjoy one another's company in a great new way:) Some may now call our non-distance relationship one of "normalcy," however if one would call it that...I would like to say that I wouldn't have traded the "non-normalcy" of our distance relationship for much because...well it was/is our story; unique to only us and we have grown through it by God's abounding grace:) So thank you to everyone who has prayed for us the past 2 years, it has been well worth the wait!

I hope you too, are enjoying summer to the fullest:)

No comments: