Friday, July 16, 2010

My heart swells with magic:)

So this week has been really cool! Beginning on Sunday of this past week, Andrew and I ventured into church and while inquiring about small groups, we met a woman named Jenna. She was terrific right from the get-go and could tell she was just saturated with the Joy of God. It was pretty awesome how kind she was. Following our time at church we ventured out and relaxed and then the week began. The COOLEST thing was I went to Caribou coffee on Monday morning and as I was standing waiting for my drink...I looked back at the seats and there was a girl who looked a lot like Jenna (but as I did a double take, I was like...there is NO way). This thought mainly came from the fact that she told us she lives near the church which is near the city and I do not like that close to the city. Oh goodness, and out of all the coffee shops...she chooses to stop in that exact one-NOT likely. Well God divinely intervened and she came up to me and we talked for 2 hrs over coffee and began a sweet sweet friendship. I am blessed because God knows my desires (and knows your desires too:)) I have been praying for fellowship since I moved here and so it begins:) Wow, neatest experience~! I love precious moments like that where you can literally not account the coolest, most memorable meetings due to NOTHING in your own power or plans! Jenna got me psyched for getting involved in the church and in their ministries as well as camping trip planned! So...this summer I think is going to be a blast!

On another praiseworthy note, my close friend from California, the famous "Jenja" is doing better as far as her health, so I thank everyone who has been praying for her since October/November. God is healing and restoring her health to her by the day! Yayy!

I purchased a bike this past weekend and boy do I love it! Wow, so fun to bike the paths here! Not to mention, it's great for the ol' heart! This past week I was cleared for my position at the school this fall and I will be signing my contract within the next 2 weeks which I am so excited about! My plan is to begin reviewing my Praxis book as I begin to remember all the details of my professor and prepare for anything that may have slipped my mind since I've been out of school.

Finally, I write to you in encouragement:) Matthew 5:10
Jesus speaks to the crowds of people listening to him up on a mountainside and he tells them
"You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?"

Jesus then goes on a says that

"YOU are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and PRAISE YOUR FATHER IN HEAVEN."

We are the salt and light of this world. Our actions, speech, and position of our heart, whether realized or not-point to our Messiah on a daily basis. So, I encourage you, like Christ said, to let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and PRAISE your Father in Heaven:)

No comments: