I read this quote this week...and circumstantially this week, it proved to be a perfect reminder.
"Never doubt in the dark what God told you in the light." ~ V. Raymond Edman
Okay, so I have this tragic flaw. haha well truth be told-I'm sure there are many...but this one has just begun to really become known to me. Let me paint a picture for you...I come home from Work last Monday, and I open my door to my apartment and I sort of have a "freak-out" moment. No more than 4 steps through the door, and I look up and it looks like my apartment has been robbed. Let me explain, my kitchen cabinets are open, my coat closet is open half way, my hamper is open for my laundry, and my clothes closet down the hallway is open. I walk into my kitchen and my dishwasher is halfway open. Oh gesh, so hopefully you're seeing that my apartment just looks in disarray due to open doors. Well, it turns out...after about 5 minutes of sheer panic that I may have an intruder, I realized that I-MEG CARPENTER have a sincere problem of opening doors, bottles of water, cups of water, toothpaste lids, and inevitably my shampoo bottles and never shutting them-OR shutting them halfway.
So right now, you may be thinkin' gesh...this Meg, she's a slob. haha OR maybe, you're thinking, this doesn't seem all that dramatic... Well I'm just sharing a silly detail of my life that I'm going to start to work towards fixing. I do not think it will be an overnight fix. However, I've already become more cognizant of closing bottles and the toothpaste lid during my nightly/morning hygiene routines. haha, anyway-what's a blog for anyway if you can't share the dumbest things about yourself and feel good about it.
Okay, moving on. My best friend Ashley is going to Uganda, Africa soo soon to work with orphans and amazing people to share Christ's love. I ask that you join with me to pray for her. As time closes in, I'll ask for more specific requests. Thank you. Secondly, my dear dear friend Hilary is in Bolivia currently and will be for the next 3 months-please keep her in your prayers as well:)
My parents visited me two days ago from Florida and it was so wonderful to hug them and spend time together! I'll see them again in another month. Now I know I'm a grown-up, and I like this world too...but often I miss the times my mom would come into my room and rub vicks on my back for my asthma, and the nights that my family would each take a limb of my dad's to massage after a long day at work for him. Typically I was in charge of his shoulders, my bro was in charge of his legs and my mom was in charge of his feet. Those times I miss. Just perfect times together as a family without a care in the world besides what kind of cereal my mom was going to pour me for the next morning before school. I also miss my mom and dad calling our my brother and I's names, Meggy-Lynn, Ty Ty John...don't make us come in there-quit you're cackling. LOL Sooo great. Call it homesick, call it a moment of nostalgia, whatever you like, I miss those times. My parents visiting reminded me of that:)
Lastly, please pray for my school district and my state's governor, and other government officials making a lot of important decisions within the next week. Thank you.
Oh, by the way, I've been inspired to learn how to say "thank you" in ten different languages. Recently, I was reading a Caribou Coffee cup and one of the inspirational thoughts on the cup was to learn how to say Thank you in 10 different languages:) Here goes language one...
Asante sana!:) (Swahili)
No comments:
Post a Comment