Monday, July 25, 2011

Pacific Coast Eyes

Hello dear friends:)
It has been TOOO long since I last posted, it has been a busy last couple of months! It has been a great-busy though! During the month of May, my new husband, Andrew and I traveled a good deal to-and-from our respective home towns for wonderful bridal showers with great friends and family. June came rushing in with finalizing wedding details and closing up shop in my first-year work office and sending off the kiddos into summer vacation. June 18th, Andrew and I became husband and wife and celebrated with over 300 of our closest friends and family! It was a dream-come-true, and we had an absolute blast. It was very relaxing and not quite the whirl-wind I was expecting, thanks to God's grace. We soaked up the beauty of it! June 25th we left for our wonderful honeymoon to Kauai, Hawaii. We stayed on the north shore and it was BEAUTIFUL. I cannot begin to explain the magical things that awakened in my heart from the sunrises and sunsets we saw. We hope to visit again soon! The week we returned from Kauai, we visited friends of ours to attend their lovely wedding in Minnesota-great road trip and really fun to see Andrew's family! Since the beginning of July, we've been acclimating back to normalcy and packing and consolidating our lives for our move to the West coast. Andrew leaves for China August 12th for 3 WHOLE WEEKS, boooo! haha, no I am really happy for his travels and hope he has a terrific time. I will be going back to my hometown for some family fun with my folks (just when they thought they kicked me out:)) haha I'm right back there again! They are going to help me move, pending on when I need to...with a job hopefully. Tomorrow, by God's grace only, I have a phone interview with a school district for an elementary position. I am ELATED and praying first that it is God's will. I am excited to see where He is calling me to work this next year, or if He is calling me to work RIGHT AWAY when we move, or to settle down into 'Wifehood'(Megism #1472). I think I caught you up completely on the past 2 months. :) I've been listening to some great tunes and writing wedding thank-yous during the days and in the evenings, Andrew and I have been swimming, packing, eating tons of ice cream, packing some more, and MY FAVORITE NEW THING is we pray together before we shut our eyes to sleep. Best thing about marriage so far is to just talk to Jesus together before we rest.
On a note about recent beautiful findings in God's scripture, I have been reading through the gospel of Mark ...with Timothy Keller's book, 'King's Cross'. Love this book, and it is a great guide through the gospel of Mark. If you get the chance, read a few parts of it at Barnes and Nobel, or purchase the book out-right. You won't regret it! It is Very challenging (thought provoking) and extremely helpful.

The name of this blog post is 'Pacific Coast Eyes' which is a song by Graham Colton-Check it out, it's good listening:)

God's love to you:)

No comments: