Hello Everyone,
Well I'm here ...safe and sound with my parents! We have had a great trip together so far and truth-be-told, I think they're loving the area, because they both continue to say how beautiful it is. I hope they visit often now that they know the serene beauty of the coast. I have to say this is a much different culture and experience than when I went to graduate school just 1 hour away. Life is different here. But a good different. The real test will be when my parents leave...but thankfully I'm moving in with the wonderful Even family. I can't wait to hang with Jenj and her family for a little bit. My lease begins on the 1st of September and Andrew joins me here on September 3rd.
It is sweater weather already on the coast, but it is clearly different than the midwest sweater weather. It is fun to wake up and put a big sweater on and put my hair in a ponytail and leave. It's very relaxed here-which I enjoy.
My school year begins this next week with preservice days and then I begin with students after the Labor Day holiday. I cannot wait! It shall be a different but fantastic experience. I received a job this past week and couldn't be more thankful for all of your prayers. I look forward to beginning, and setting up my classroom-especially with Andrew gone. It will be enjoyable to keep me busy and look for things to come. I am offically changing my name this week, I already requested my new SS card and I am excited for that! Next...my license.
Since I have been out here, it has been difficulty to get into the Lord's word daily, I will not lie. I simply have been putting 'things'before my relationship with God. I confess this to you and simply Praise God that His grace is new every minute of every day and that His Holy Spirit guides my heart to a place of discomfort when I drift. I am thankful for His voice in my life that when I take my eyes off of His cross, I am reminder to shift my gaze back toward Him-My identity is found in nothing but the cross...plain and simple.
On my way out to California and since I've been here, all I've really listened to is Gregory Alan Isakov. Man, nothin' like some peaceful folk music on a roadtrip and to put me to sleep at night. Check him out. Very enjoyable.
Anyway, I hope this blog finds you well, and enjoying this last little bit of summer.
But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect.
-1 Corinthians 15:10
<3 <3 <3
No comments:
Post a Comment