And with that scorching summer heat, came all sorts of blissful memories...
Happy July everyone!
I hope this post finds you all having a terrific summer thus far! I know this summer has been one of adventure and travel for me thus far! I will fill you in on some details:)
My school year ended in late June, and I had about 4 brief days to collect myself and clean up our home and pack for the midwest. I went home to Ohio with Andrew and I was there for 2 weeks (he was there for a week). I had such a wonderful visit home including but not limited to the following activities: fourth of July fireworks with Whitney and Kels, many home cooked meals, biking with my family at the local park, swimming, MY BEST FRIEND'S WEDDING, 106 degree heat, visiting and eating ice cream with college roomates, visiting and sharing a meal with my love Ashley, Cedar point and riding rollercoasters with Kels, playing with my dog-niece Sadie, eating the dairy bar everyday, and meeting awesome strangers on the airplane rides to and from California. Good-grief, it was a terrific two weeks! I have missed home and was so excited we were able to visit for a good bit!
Dare I say I am ready to go back already?!?...
Once we returned to California, I dove right into a GREAT week of vacation Bible School through my church and met so many wonderful kiddos and adults invested in the church! Very refreshing, God-filled week! Following that week, we headed to Las Vegas by car to spend a great weekend with friends (Jenj and her boyfriend Chris!) What a fantastic trip! Quick, but really fun! Through Chris and Jenn, I've made some new friends, and they are pretty great! I really enjoy their company and one of them may want to be a speech pathologist someday. Wow, I think he'd be great at it and my hope is to talk him into our field:)
For the past week, I have been relaxing, catching up on novel reading, and cleaning our apartment. Excitingly, we are going to have visitors in 2 weeks from now, my sister-in-law, Nicole, and her husband, Scott, are coming out here to visit and we will spend a lot of time with them:) Following that, we are flying to Omaha to see our dear friends Jeff and Joanna get married:) I can't wait to celebrate them, and with them! I have never been to Andrew's college campus either, so that will be a terrific time to get to know his ol' stomping grounds from college:)
What an exciting time summer is! God is revealing Himself in really raw, cool ways! I hope y'all are enjoying friendships, family, the weather, vacations, and weekends this summer and that you are seeing God in all those really spectacular moments:)
All my love<3
No comments:
Post a Comment