September 3rd? No...how can this be possible? I feel like yesterday I was celebrating the start of summer! Well, my heart is full from a summer packed with blissed-out memories, and while there are still a few of 'to-do's' on the list of things that I wanted to accomplish, as well as the summer reading list, I'm not sad about not getting to do those things. You see, while I was busy trying to cross things off my list for summer-musts, ...'the juice of life' happened, when unplanned options/groups of friends happened. I secretly love that about life...when you have a plan that you're so SURE OF and then new adventures and new people come into your life and blow up the old expectations in the best way possible! To sum this summer up, it was definitely rich in laughter, smiles, jokes, sunshine, swimsuits, sand, tennis shoes, and miles on the ol' tires.
So...one thing I plunged into this summer was...COOKING! Yes, I even began to take pictures of ingredients and finished projects in the kitchen and post them to instagram and other various media sources. HAHA, I would always think, "Don't be that girl.." but I always ended up 'being that girl'...
Another thing that I felt necessary, was to accomplish a reading list that was given to be in 2009 by a dear friend of mine, Adam Crist. He designed this amazing 'Meg specific' bookmark with a list of 'must reads' on it. I have kept it all these years, but never attempted to push through the novels on it. This summer however, I can say that there wasn't one book on there that I didn't enjoy beyond belief. Some of the novels were the kind that I NEVER would have picked from the bookshelf, but am so glad someone encouraged me too...
Within these adventures, I attempted to grow my knowledge and comprehension of vocabulary. In many of the novels on Adam's list, I had to sit with a dictionary on my lap while I read page after page...or I could not comprehend certain important paragraphs. haha, it was a challenge, but I had a blast doing it!
My birthday is at the end of this month, I think I mentioned that before...and something I truly want...is a decently nice camera. I think this 27th year of my life, I'd like to take many more still shots of the seemingly mundane details happening on a day-to-day basis so that I can remember and hold onto the sweetness longer. I have all these grandiose ideas...like making cards for people with pictures and memories with them from this year, so that I can also remind them of the great times. Does that make sense? I want this camera for myself, but I have ideas of how to use the pictures to make others happy too:) I like those kinds of gifts!
My pastor said something a bit challenging but motivating in the church sermon yesterday. He said that many people in life, specifically Christians, cling onto Christ during the really tough and sad moments...and also when the pendulum of life swings to complete JOY...Christians praise Christ because of His goodness. However, he said...what happens during the other 98% of our lives? Do we take those moments to God...when things are neither good nor bad...the 'middleground' between the peak and the valley. Where in our communication and nearness to God in those moments? He challenged us that our lives are mainly lived in the 98%, and these times are often pushed to the side as the mundane, unclassified times..but they do not have to be.
So back to my camera...my camera gift is something I want to use in the 98% of life. I want so badly to capture the memories in still photos that are not the birthday party and holiday events. While these are full of times that need to be documented...I want the others...the really dumb, yet memorable 'Tuesday morning times' Ya know? I hope you know... haha
Anyway, have a terrific Monday! Enjoy the holiday off!
No comments:
Post a Comment