I have been reading a book by the raw, authentic, God-fearing author Brennan Manning. The name of the book is "The furious longing of God". It has been refreshing to read the thoughts of this man who has been to the sincere lowest pits of life. His refreshing writings of grace and longing for God come from the most sincere place. I truly recommend this book for anyone:)
So in reading his book, he is exceptionally raw about who is not...and who IS by Christ ordaining that In him. In his book, Manning asks a challenging thought...
"So much of what was presented to me throughout my life of God, is now fictitious. The splentetic god of alternating moods, the prejudiced god partial to Catholics, the irritated god disgusted with believers, the warrior god of the "just"war, the fickle god of casuistic morality, tut-tuttering our little weaknesses, the pedantic god of the spiritually sophisticated, the myriad of gods who imprisioned me in the house of fear; I could go on"....
Then he says, "the real God of unrestricted love that I have come to know corresponds to the Jesus of my journey."
I loved this...because over the years of growing up and in my faith, I have fallen to these lies of who this god is, the world shouting all these false claims of a pantheon of gods. None of which were ever nor will ever be true or satisfying. My life has been like a story laced with redeption on every page...and the world and all it's lies can never bleed over that redeption found in Christ. The true God who is unable to be seen...but yet can be seen in everything. What I am trying to say...is do not create nor worship false gods. Let God be His glorious self in your life. I confess I have made a mess of this in my life, hence the reason I'm blogging about it-lessons better learned and told than lesson learned and not shared.
You, my God are not who I've made you.
You are the fullest of love. You are not doubt.
You are grace. You are not condemnation.
You are freedom. You are not chains.
You are forgiveness. You are not a Brothel filled with prostitution of false gods.
You are my All in All. You are not short of any one thing.
-my journal.
"Let me see Your face. And let me hear Your voice, for Your voice is sweet and your face is beautiful." -Brennen Manning.
Singing His praises...
Megan:)
No comments:
Post a Comment