I miss the sound of your voice, loudest thing in my head
and I ache to remember all the violent, sweet, perfect words that you said
Today was brilliant, I went to church and I went to Panera for a sandwich afterward where I had an encounter with a man behind the counter (hahaha my dumb humor) and he said "Wow you have a glow that I've never quite seen" Man how good is God that His presence and joy can be written all over an outward appearance:) I said, I just got back from church and it was a great morning of worship and he explained once he had been to funeral at an all black church and they were celebrating the life of their brother in Christ and how they said "you white folk may think this is crazy or disrespectful that we're singing and dancing, but we view this as a celebration to our God that our brother is finally home" and the man from panera explained, I feel like I know that inner glow that I see on your face right now. He said, man I haven't felt that in a while...
Well...GET A GLOW:) that's what this life is for! Meet with God!
So currently I'm listening to Eric Hutchinson's song, Rock and Roll. It's one of those summer tunes that just causes you to dance like a maniac/fool in your room by yourself:) I love those kind...in fact it's the kind of song that if you were riding shot gun, you'd just want to take your bare feet and put them up on the dashboard and tap them around while the windows are rolled down...
Oh also I'm in Caribou ...and guess what? I found out on Mondays they have this amazing special where they let you have a Medium Cold Press coffee with a shot of white chocolate syrup for 2.00! ABSURD RIGHT? I love it!!!!!(Hil-diddy...you'd be going crazy with this deal, since I think you were the one who turned my tastebuds onto this delicious drink! I suggest you try it! I miss all my friends at the coffee shop at school by the way...there is just nothing quite like it here. However, I'll be back soon! It's crazy to think I'm halfway through my visit back home. This Monday marks the 5th week of my internship and I can't quite believe that.
My summer has been marked with pool parties with Bible study friends, Fourth of July madness, great family time, loving on my brother's dog Sadie, walking for a long long time with no apparent schedule (I love that), sitting on top of this old delapidated bridge outside where I live, with my legs dangling wondering if the bridge REALLY is not working anymore or if any second a train is going to blow it's horn and my heart is going to drop in my belly:) Just a few thoughts from the mind of Meg:) I have also been spending a great deal of time with my dear friend Ashley..I love her. She's been a great little blessing in my life. It's hard to believe we only met one short year ago but she sure does highlight my time back home. I am going on my church retreat in 2 weeks...out in the middle of a field, camping with like 300 of my dearest friends...it will certainly be a great time! I can't wait for God to open my heart up and show me and teach me and love on me. Last year raptured everything in my soul and set it to a flame before my visit to go to school. Now this year I'm in such a different place in my life. I want to be the equipment that shares that kindled flame with others and starts other mini flames or for Heaven's sake-maybe a forrest fire, I won't deem down God's abilities. I am not perfect, nor will I ever be, but it's been in that understanding that I have truly started knowing my God and what and WHO He is in my life and my relationships. Lately in Colossians, specifically in 3 I have been trying to layer the clothes of God's characteristics over my being. I am not capable on my own! Ahhh but it's been beautiful ASKING for those characteristics of Jesus to become more evident, not so I'll feel better about myself...but that they would radiate out of me so others would know the fullness of His love.
I have a lot of people to thank for continually loving on me and helping my faith cultivate daily. Some of those people are in my life currently and others are not in my life...and were just in it for a season or have passed away, or who I still think about just as often but have drifted away...but whoever you have been/you are, THANK YOU. I can't/couldn't have learn/ed to live out patience, gentleness, kindness, compassion, and humility unless it has been through and in community and relationships. How is it as a young woman I have never felt more childlike than RIGHT NOW? I love that...about my God. He never ever forgets to wrap us up-for He is our Father. I went and still sometimes go through these parts of my life where I feel like God is this great big man who is WHITE/anglosaxon and judgemental and has this magnifying glass and always is zooming in x300 on the worst parts about my life-like he see/saw all the worst of my inmost being. However, lately I have been growing in a new knowledge, through the Bible and the Holy Spirit, that has changed my prospective of the TRUTH of who the God I serve REALLY IS. He does not have a magnifying glass to see the worst, he never has...He is our advocate. No advocate, unless under human boundaries, picks apart a persons faults. I don't know about you, but I don't want what I deserve for all my faults, I want Mercy that God freely gives.
As you start out the new beautiful week...I dare you to smile at a few more people that you wouldn't have before...not like that weird creepy, I want to hit on you and pick you up type of smile haha but a smile that shows...Hey I'm standing in the light of a Merciful God and why would I not smile? Life is too short...and eternity is nearer that you know for all of us. So ...just flash those pearly whites:) A smile can change a life, believe that.
Oh ps, I forgot to tell you-on a funny note...the song I've been singing in the car lately, is by one of my favorit bands, Journey-Don't stop believin' haha you should listen to it soon! It's great!
Clay in His hands...
Meg
2 comments:
Oh, heavens, Meg. I love the rawness and reality of your blogging. I miss you, best friend. And thanks for the shout out. I miss those coffees like you wouldn't believe. But I miss more the conversation you and I would have over them. Hugs from across a few oceans.
Wow, Meg. This is really inspiring. I hope you continue to get involved at Ecclesia and share that joy and smile, so you can make others' day like you just made mine!
Post a Comment