Thursday, October 1, 2009

Im only alive with You...

Internally I am waiting for the cool winds to come and blow my hair across my face and when I walk, I secretly wish there were crisp Maple leaves beneath my shoes...and I if I'm really honest, I come home from long days at the clinic and I crave to bundle up with my Northface...I think these are signs of home-sickness. I am listening to the song by Matthew Mayfield called Element. A tragically, beautiful song..dl it:) he's just a super chill artist.

October 1st, wow...time just flys. I recently turned 24, and I must say that this birthday was one for the history books. My dearest friend Jen orchastrated this wonderful surprise birthday bash for me and quite frankly, it was one of the best birthdays I can ever remember. Thank you to everyone who wished me happy birthday or came to the party, you made it so special for me:)

So I am ending week 4 of school and entering week 5. LOVE IT. This semester is tough with school and I am loving the fact that it is flying by. Next week I am goingn back home for my best friend from high school, Shaina ...and her fiance, Nick's wedding:)WOO WOO! I am really excited
My boyfriend Andrew is joining me for that extravaganza and then he is (thankfully) coming out to school with me to hang out for 2 weeks with me. Please be praying for our travels and our time together.

Finally, I since don't have much time to blog today, I wanted to write about how much God has been completely blessing my time out here so far. I am so grateful for all the mountains and shifting He is doing in my life. It has been difficult to get used to the night schedule but I'm surviving:) Please continue, If you would, to pray for my semester in school with my grades and just that I would be learning how to do my job the best I can. But most importantly, that I could share Christ's love through my attitude and my work this semester:)

1. I have a favorite fruit ...it's GRAPEFRUIT. I mean seriously, with half a splenda dashed on top of it-I need one each day morning, noon, and night. DELISH. plus, I mean it has the word fruit IN IT, how cool is that?) You should join this craze with me. I've even heard a grapefruit and a Pepsi is amazing after a run...
2. I used to wear glasses since 2nd grade, and I also used to have contacts since 6th. Last year in June I had lasic eye surgery, and thanks to God and technology I now have 20/20 vision. I really miss wearing my glasses some days though!
3. I have a button-fettish. Only with cash registers and phones and computer keyboards though. Everytime I walk into a store like staples or office max, I head straight for the computer section and touch all the keyboards 1 through like 25 and HAVE to do the same thing on the fax machines and telephones haha. :)

Have a wonderful weekend in the Lord...

No comments: