Hello Everyone:)
Woww...it has been um, a really really long time since I've written. I am not sure how many of you still follow this, but I figured, Hey...I want and need to give an update of the last year of my life.
In August, my husband, Andrew and I moved to sunny Southern California. It has been a wonderful journey. We love it here but we certainly miss our friends and family more than I could ever express through written/typed expression.
Life from October to February was quite a whirl-wind. To be honest, I lost contact with many of my Ohio friends and unfortunately that was only an outward snapshot of a much deeper spiritual battle I was facing at the time. Looking back, the only word I can really use to describe all relational aspects of my life is 'apathy.' I lost my ravenous longing for God's word, and in turn, lost a huge desire to connect with people relationally. It has taken a long time for me to talk openly about all of this, let alone blog it. I simply want to share that Christ is real, and His love is not an empty word or a good deed. His love is real because I experienced it while he brought me out of a pretty deep complacency of about 6 months. I give Him praise in this moment because I had nothing.
I have spent the last month and half flipping the redemptive pages of Romans in the Bible. Goodness, that book has every ability to take an anhydrous heart and cause it to awaken to life again. I encourage you to begin reading it. It is 16 brief chapters that are comprised of truths everyone needs to chew and fully digest. I cannot say I ever read Romans fully before but now that I am learning/re-learning what it means to just be a lover of Christ, and love Him well, this book is a great place to start and read its entirety.
Anyway, life is funny. It is just flying by, just like it always has. I sort of hate it really. I experience many things in California at this time that bring back such distinct memories of a few years ago in Redlands. Those times specifically, remind me of how sweet, but fast this life is. God is worthy of every minute of our praise and appreciation of this life. Don't get me wrong, not an abuse of the grace that He has covered us with, but a real and true appreciation that He is the giver of every good and perfect gift we experience in our lives.
<3
No comments:
Post a Comment